Research Assistant - Electrochemistry for Energy Conversion
The “Electrochemistry for Energy Conversion” group is a part of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion and is situated at the NanoEnergieTechnikZentrum in Duisburg. The group primarily aims to utilize electrochemical methods coupled with surface science and other instrumental analysis techniques to investigate the links between surface and electrolyte properties and electrocatalytic activity. The focus is on reactions that are of interest for energy conversion, storage and utilization.
The research group, located in Duisburg, is seeking for a highly motivated
Research Assistant (HiWi) (f/m/d)
The position is to be filled as soon as possible for the duration of 6 months with 83h of work per month. The successful candidate will work in a group involved in the field of electrocatalysis, primary duties would include assistance in the day-to-day running of the lab, building experimental setups and instrumental measurements.
- The candidate is enrolled at a University on a B.Sc. or M.Sc. course in a relevant field (chemistry, physics, chemical engineering, etc.)
- Knowledge in instrumental analysis and electrochemistry is an advantage
- Readiness to learn and apply new techniques
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary field and an international work environment
- Proficiency in spoken English is an advantage
- A collaborative, international and inclusive work environment
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic multidisciplinary field with a high relevance for current technological challenges
- The remuneration is 10.77 €/h without a degree; 12.52 €/h with a Bachelor's degree
The Max Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
In order to apply please send the application containing a CV with relevant courses and knowledge highlighted by email (as pdf document) with the subject “VC003” until June 10th, 2020 to:
Dr. Viktor Čolić
NETZ – NanoEnergieTechnikZentrum